Consultation for victims of digital violence or digital hate
Are you affected by online hate? Do you need support in dealing with digital violence?
We can help you. Contact us – free of charge and without obligation. We treat all your information confidentially and strictly within the framework of the German Data Protection Act (DSGVO).
You are affected and want to contact us directly? The most important at a glance:
You can also use the reporting form to make an appointment for the initial telephone consultation.
Please describe everything in detail in your mail and include all relevant information, such as legally compliant screenshots (Attention! You should always create these promptly!) and links to the relevant places, e.g. websites or posts. Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to send an encrypted e-mail, you can find our public key here.
Our consulting team
We are currently managing a large number of cases. We therefore ask for your patience if there are longer waiting times for your request.
How we support you
Every case is different. That’s why you will always receive personal and individual counselling. Our services range from an emotionally stabilising initial consultation to aftercare. Typical cases of counselling at HateAid are:
- Someone has insulted or threatened you in hate comments.
- Your personal information has been posted online without your permission.
- You have been sent nude pictures without being asked.
- False claims are spread about you on social media.
- You are attacked in online groups.
- Someone has posted intimate pictures of you online.
- A fake profile of you was created, with your pictures and personal info.
- You’ve discovered inciting content.
It is important to you to show your attackers their limits. You want to take legal action against infringing content. We support you with the following free services:
- We document, report and check digital violence for you
- Help with filing a complaint
- Litigation financing
- Referral to competent contact persons, such as psychologists, IT specialists and other counselling centres.
Possible procedures for criminal and civil proceedings can be found in our magazine.
By the way, if you have received an unwanted Dickpic, a penis picture, you can directly file a complaint on our platform Dickstinction and defend yourself against this sexual harassment.
This is an emergency!
If you can’t reach us and you are being massively threatened psychologically or physically, or are in an acute crisis situation, don’t hesitate to contact the following:
Social psychiatric services
In case of a mental crisis, please directly contact the social psychiatric services of the health authorities in your area. If they are not available, please contact the:
The hotline is nationwide, free of charge and available around the clock:
Here you can find the list of regional offices.
Public prosecutor’s office
Nationwide search for responsible public prosecutor’s offices.
Other counselling services
Here you will find an overview of counselling services specialised in specific target groups and cases.